[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: OS X hangs when accessing files

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:39:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Theodore F Vaida wrote:

> Hmm - correction on this - it seems that this hang is not related to
> permissions as I had thought - it definitely hangs even in file spaces that
> are accessible to my administratively privileged account.  In this example I
> am untarring an archive up to the server and it hangs after about half of the
> tarball has been uploaded.
>
> The only way to kick to a 'timeout' is to force restart the bosserver on the
> fileserver box.

that smells like a fileserver hang unrelated to the mac client. let me
guess, your fileserver is linux, something relatively recent, with "new
pthreads library" support...