[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Another vnreclaim panic?

Michael G. Ross mgross@csail.mit.edu
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:45:56 -0400

Was your machine under a Matlab load when the panic occurred? My group
seems to be experiencing kernel panics that are triggered by using
Matlab on AFS (although we have the Matlab software installed locally,
our .m files and data are all on AFS).

We've experienced this with both Matlab 6 and Matlab 7 on our G5
Xserves, unfortunately, our kernel panic logs haven't been informative
enough to definitively finger or exonerate AFS (see old messages in the
port-darwin list archives).

Recent experience indicates that the problem doesn't happen on Matlab
loads that do not touch AFS and just read and write to the local disk,
but we aren't totally confident of that analysis yet.

Oddly enough, loads produced by Java and C processes on AFS seem to be
completely stable.
--
Michael Ross <mgross@csail.mit.edu>