[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Conflicts when network disconnected

Philip Choi philip-choi@softhome.net
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:25:51 -0500

I have OpenAFS installed on my laptop running 10.3.6.  So when I'm
not connected to a network, there are some problems.  Notably:

Finder sometimes hangs, waiting for each AFS server to time-out.
Mounting disk images causes hang, waiting for AFS servers to time-out.
Certain applications, like Now Contact and Canon EOS Viewer Utility
do not launch or do not work properly.  They only work again when the
network is reconnected and the AFS volumes are "back up".

Does anyone know about this, and is there any workaround?  Seems a
shame that disconnected network volumes would cause so much trouble.