[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Conflicts when network disconnected

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:59:08 -0500

If you are just booting, then, you can boot with the -nomount option, which
will cause afs to not mount anything, hence, no hangs. You can then use the
Mount_AFS gui tool available from:

http://cf.ccmr.cornell.edu/publicdownloads/afs/

to mount afs once you have a network. You'll also want to edit your afs startup
script so that afs always starts, regardless of whether the network is present.

Now, this doesn't help you if you're already up, afs is already mounted, then,
you disconnect from the network. Once the finder or some app tries to stat
stuff in afs, you're going to see hangs. Unless something has changed, there
doesn't seem to be a clean way to unmount afs or stop then restart afs if
you've already done stuff in afsland.