[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: Many crashes on OS X 10.3 - MP problem?

Jonathan Z. Simon jzsimon@eng.umd.edu
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:01:52 -0500

On Feb 13, 2004, at 5:06 PM, Ragnar Sundblad wrote:

> Could it be an MP problem? What do everyone else on this list say,
> what machines have you typically used?

I've had one panic on a single CPU Power Mac G4 running at 467 MHz with
512 MB RAM running Mac OS X 10.3.2 (7D24) and OpenAFS 1.2.10 built
2003-10-24. Actual afs use is light.

The panic was:
panic(cpu 0): vnreclaim: v_usecount

(and it was reported to this list previously but with with less info).

On the other hand, I have a first generation powerbook G4 running at
500 MHz with 1 GB RAM running Mac OS X 10.3.2 (7D24) and OpenAFS 1.2.10
built  2003-10-24, which has had *no* kernel panics. Actual afs use
varies from light to heavy, and the computer's primary IP changes to
one of 3 different values several times a day.

--
Jonathan Z. Simon
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering / Dept. of Biology