[OpenAFS-port-darwin] My Ramblings was--Re: Many crashes on OS X 10.3 - MP problem?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:47:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:

> Does anyone know if configuring with --enable-debug
> and/or --enable-kernel-debug works under MAC OS 10.3?  Or what this is
> suposed to do to debug openafs?

They don't.

> Has anyone tried disabling optimizations to see if that helps?

It won't.

> Has anyone tried to build 1.3.52 from source on MAC OS 10.3?

It didn't.

> I tried it and got an unresolved symbol _rxkad_stats during the build.

Fixed in CVS now (as are a few other things, but not the vn_reclaim thing,
yet)

> Have the 10.3 patches even been applied to the openafs 1.3 tree anyway?

Yes.

> I have some time and I can attempt to narrow down the problem and
> possibly fix it if peolpe can provide some pointers and/or help on
> debugging OpenAFS under MAC OS.

The thing I need right now is a simply reproducible crash. Even if it's
"run this script which hammers the machine", as long as it crashes every
time that would be great.

> Is it even worth trying to fix this on 1.2.11?  Should effort just be
> applied to the 1.3 tree?

The future is 1.3. There will be another release soon.