[OpenAFS-port-darwin] AFS crash

Marc Colosimo m_enzo69@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> Er, don't CC me on replies, I read the list.

Sorry, but it would be easier not to CC you if the
list server has reply to the list and not you (not
your fault, not all listsevers are that nice).

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Marc Colosimo wrote:
>
> > We got the error by checking out a  cvs repository
> > with about ~3,000 files.
> >
> > Could you change the panic message somehow to make
> it
> > clear that we need to increase the stat size or
> better
> > yet, stop it from crashing when it runs out of
> space?
>
> What's non-obvious about "increase -stat parameter"?

Well, did it panic because IT TRIED to increase -stat
or did it panic because it is telling us that WE NEED
to increase -stat!

> Well, not to be a smartass, but if I knew what was
> wrong, do you think I'd  just let it be?

I was more or less pointing this out. And if you are
printig out the message then is there a way to just
crash AFS and not the system?

Marc