[OpenAFS-port-darwin] AFS crash

Marc Colosimo m_enzo69@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:37:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Horst Birthelmer <horst@riback.net> wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2004, at 8:47 PM, Marc Colosimo wrote:
> >>

> > I was more or less pointing this out. And if you
> are
> > printig out the message then is there a way to
> just
> > crash AFS and not the system?
> >

> Ok, I'm just pointing this one out either ... ;-)
> but AFS in this case _is_ the system.
>
> How do you distinguish between a driver and the
> system when in kernel
> space ??

 Opps, I forgot about the KEXT, which is need for
file-systems. However, I could be wrong here, but
isn't it both? I count a bunch of /usr/sbin/afsd
processes. Aren't these in users space? And I pass the
stat param to the deamons.

Now, back to the real problem: why does this cause a
kernal panic?

AFS running on linux or solaris with:
/usr/vice/etc/afsd -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3
-volumes 70

runs finem but on the Mac
/usr/sbin/afsd -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3
-volumes 70 -fakestat

dies (cvsing  or deleting a directory with 1000s of
files)? Is it the -fakestat part? Do you need a trace
to help with this?

Marc