[OpenAFS-port-darwin] tiger progress report

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn@uni-koeln.de
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:14:57 +0200

--==========D525F01B5D25029F270E==========

Hi,

--On 29. Juli 2005 14:01:28 +0200 Sebastian Hagedorn=20
<Hagedorn@uni-koeln.de> wrote:

>>> I do not currently have packaged binaries, but I can probably produce
>>> some if people are interested.
>>

>> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~cg2v/unreleased/OpenAFS-Tiger.pkg.tgz
>>
>> The problem that made ~/Library in afs unusable has been fixed, but it's
>> still not production ready. browsing the afs top level from the finder
>> broke the one time I tried it.
>
> I have had good luck with this package on my G5 at home, but the one at
> work, which is very nearly identical in its configuration, is giving me
> trouble. Under my main account the Installer never enables the "Continue"
> button after I've selected the volume to install to. When I try
> installing from another account I get the message "There is nothing to
> install".

after some thinking I resolved this problem on my own by removing the old=20
receipt in /Library/Receipts/OpenAFS.pkg. I guess the new package needs to=20
be told that it's updating an older one somehow. I would guess that the=20
version numbers in OpenAFS.Info.plist have something to so with that ...

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Geb=E4ude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK

--==========D525F01B5D25029F270E==========--