[OpenAFS-port-darwin] (no subject)

mark pearrow mpearrow@csail.mit.edu
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 08:52:14 -0400

Hi all,

FWIW I have the OpenAFS package from here:
>> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~cg2v/unreleased/OpenAFS-
>> Tiger.pkg.tgz

and the aklog binary from here:

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~cg2v/unreleased/aklog-Tiger.bin

working almost perfectly on a G4 powerbook running 10.4.2 . Seems
that the only two glitches so far are that Finder does not appear to
reflect the afs acls - that is, I can see only things that have
system:anyuser l privs, and at that I can only see this much in
"list" view (changing to icon view shows nothing); and starting afsd
yields the following error:

afsd: All AFS daemons started.
afssettings: sysctl 3.21.1.0.1 => 0: Operation not supported on socket

This might be due to my having an older afssettings binary, I can't
tell if the package installer replaced this with a newer version or
left the old one.

mjp