[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Crashes on Tiger with RC2

Joseph Perrie jperrie@us.ibm.com
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:43:46 -0600

I installed 1.4.1RC2 on Tiger, and I did manage to get my Powerbook on
10.4.3 Tiger to mount our afs cell, however, it was very, very slow, and
eventually disconnected.  When I took my Powerbook off the Intranet, I
tried to play a DVD at home later on wireless (no access to the afs cell,
and I didn't stop OpenAFS before unplugging), Finder seemed to get
confused, iDVD wouldn't play the disc, and eventually I got a kernel panic,
and had to restart.  When I restarted, the machine took about 10 minutes,
and eventually gave me a Finder session with no Desktop icons.  I've
uninstalled OpenAFS, and everything has been rock solid ever since.  Are
these problems pervasive with Tiger or is this something that's just
endemic to the way I used the software?

Regards,

Tony Perrie
Engineer, STI Convergence Team, BQQA
11501 Burnet Rd, Building 906/3007C Austin, TX, 78759