[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Problem upgrading to Mac OS X Version 10.3.7 (Build 7S215)

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:39:46 +0100

On Jan 20, 2005, at 5:29 PM, John Allison wrote:

> I recently upgraded to a bug-fix/security-fix Mac OS X Version 10.3.7
> (Build 7S215).  OpenAFS simply stopped working for me after 6 months
> of hitherto problem free use.   No file system on desktop, "Bad system
> call" from terminal command line:
>
> $ fs la
> Bad system call
>
> I tried upgrading to OpenAFS 1.3.77, to no avail.
>
> Any ideas?

Your kernel module is not fitting the running kernel any more. That's
what "bad system call" means here.

You either compile OpenAFS on your system yourself or wait for somebody
to provide binaries.

Horst