[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog During Login with Remote Home Directories

Mike Bydalek mbydalek@contentconnections.com
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:01:40 -0700

Joseph Jackson wrote:
> Our login hook used to do some work as root, then would run "su $1" to
> switch into the context of the user logging in. After that step, you
> can run aklog and the right thing will happen.

That's exactly what I ended up trying once I noticed that it was afs
caching the tickets somehow as the user.  It works perfectly.

> Our current approach is to use the aklog code hacked into the format
> of a Kerberos plug-in. That way, AFS tokens are obtained whenever a
> TGT is obtained or renewed. I don't think we have that working in
> 10.4, though.

This would be great to get working in 10.4.

Thanks for the links.  I'll go through it and see what it can teach me.

-Mike