[OpenAFS-port-darwin] packaging cleanup?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:07:43 -0400 (EDT)

Starting with 1.4.1 we mean to distribute the OpenAFS.pkg in a dmg rather
than as a gzipped tar file. It would be nice if someone were willing to
contibute:

1) work to make the dmg's root folder have a background image (we will
provide an OpenAFS logo modified for this)
2) work to make the installer also use an OpenAFS logo background image
3) modifications to buildpkg.sh to take in its environment the version
number so the dmg's filename and volume name could include that (and make
the src/packaging/MacOS Makefile.in invoke it with VERSION=@VERSION@,
probably)
4) either or both of a tool to set cellname or a way to at make packages
time set a cellname which will be present in the binary builds, for people
who want to build themselves rather than using the provided installer

If you'd be willing to work on any of these, please let me know, or drop
a line to openafs-bugs@openafs.org

Derrick