[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Root Parition Help

Leon Hoang lghoang@gmail.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:50:42 -0700

------=_Part_20286_12995629.1152849042352

Hi all,

I'm kinda new to this stuff so please bear with me.

I'm trying to set up a AFS server on my Mac OS X 10.3.9 system, but i'm
unsure of how to mount or make my root partition.
I partitioned my HD into several partitions (i.e. MainServe, vicepa,
vicepb).  MainServe is mounted at / (which is good) but vicepa is mounted at
/Volumes/vicepa as is the behaviour of Mac OS X.

So when I do

vos create neonserve.csen.ufs.ca /vicepa root.afs -cell jamberee -noauth

it will return
vos: partition /vicepa does not exist on the server

and it won't accept something like /Volumes/vicepa as an argument or it will
return
vos: could not interpret partition name 'Volumes/vicepa'

I also tried to just create a directory called /vicepa, but it will return
vos: partition /vicepa does not exist on the server

So, I'm wondering how other Mac OS X users set up their root partition.  Do
I somehow have to change the mount point from /Volumes/vicepa to /vicepa,
and how would I do so?  Is using a directory /vicepa not acceptable
alternate?

Any help would be much appreciated.