[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS restart crashes MacOS 10.4.9

Sebastian Boeser sboeser@hep.ucl.ac.uk
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:38:06 +0100 (BST)

Hi there,

I am trying to run OpenAFS 1.4.4 on MacOS 10.4.9 on my laptop. In order to
prevent automatic startup, I have moved the package from
/Library/StartupItems to /Library/OpenAFS.

I have no problem starting and stopping the client once by running

/Library/OpenAFS/OpenAFS/OpenAFS start|stop

However, when restarting the client, it always crashes my laptop (i.e I
have to hard-reboot!!), even if I do not even obtain a token/start the
Finder, etc.

Here is what is in my config file:
Thule:~>cat /private/var/db/openafs/etc/config/afsd.options
-memcache -afsdb -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3 -volumes 70 -dynroot
-fakestat-all

I have also the AFSCMPlugIn installed (set afs access right from context
menu in the finder), as well as the AFSToken GUI and the OpenAFSController
GUI (slightly modified to take my new OpenAFS location). Yet as OpenAFS
crashes even w/o running any of these, I fear that it is something more
fundamental.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks, Sebastian

    \|/     Sebastian Boeser