[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Saving from MS Word fails, Unix permissions

Justin L Graham jgraham@math.ku.edu
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:16:10 -0500

Martin,

We have seen this same issue with AFS (as well as NFS and SMB).  Are
you using a login script to link folders such as ~/Library/Caches to
the local disk?  If you are then try linking the ~/Library/Caches/
TemporaryItems folder back to AFS space.  In our case the that folder
had to reside on the same mounted volume (for NFS/SMB) or somewhere
in AFS to get around this problem.

More info here:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060627135944284

-Justin