[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: OpenAFS on Apple TV: it just works

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 05:22:14 +0000

Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> writes:
>> Any suggestions on getting 1.5.x (with the nifty "fs precache") or
>> aklog/k5start working would be appreciated...
>
> At the moment all of it builds except the Prefs Pane.

By which you mean all of OpenAFS 1.5.x except the preferences pane
builds for MacOS-10.4.9-Intel-x86-32bit? (which is what the Apple TV is
a stripped-down version of) That would be really great, because
preference panes are useless on the Apple TV anyways.

If the next 1.5.x build posted on openafs.org happens to include a
10.4-compatible build, I'll be happy to report back on whether or not it
works.  Otherwise it'll have to wait until I figure out how/where to get
the 10.4 sdk.

It's starting to look like kinit/aklog/k5start are going to be a bit of
a pain.  Rumor has it that the AppleTV's Kerberos.framework is missing
some important pieces.  Can these be statically linked?  Gee I wish the
Mac linker wasn't so completely weird and unlike every other platform...

  - a