[OpenAFS-port-darwin] 1.6.0pre7 on MacOS 10.7 (Lion) -- kext not loading

sluitz luitz@carlui.net
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

In my case this problem seems to have been caused by Lion running a 32-bit
kernel. I suspect this happened as a result of explicitly setting a 32-bit
kernel in 10.6 (by playing with the boot parameters).
It appears that this setting survived the upgrade to Lion.

uname -m should report "x86_64", not "i386".

Changing to a 64-bit kernel fixed the problem for me:

sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture x86_64

    Steffen