[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS preference pane crashes on Mavericks

Matt Haught matt_haught@ncsu.edu
Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:06:21 -0500

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:04 AM, Nikola Knezevic1 <KNE@zurich.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently moved to Mavericks, so I had to reinstall OpenAFS. Thus, I
> uninstalled the old version, and I got OpenAFS 1.6.5.2 tarball, compiled
> it and installed it, following its accompanying instructions.
>
> However, when I go to OpenAFS Preference Pane, and choose Mounts tab, the
> preference pane crashes. It happens almost every time and I can send the
> stack trace if someone finds it useful.
>
> I thought the problem might be in corrupted preference file, but I can't
> find any preference file that is related to OpenAFS, that holds the list
> of Mounts.
>
> Any thoughts or hints on how could I resolve this issue?
>
> Thank you,
> Nikola

I can confirm adding a mount to the mounts tab will cause the
preference pane to crash when going to the mounts tab.  I have never
used this feature before and it looks to be a bug.

I have always just done the option+command drag-and-drop to create
links on my desktop from afs.

The preference file is named it.infn.lnf.network.openafs.plist  and is
in ~/Library/Preferences/ or /Library/Preferences .  I had to reboot
after deleting the preference to get things back to normal.  It will
still crash after resetting it if you add anything new to the mounts
tab.

--
Matt Haught