[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] what's the status on afs port-freebsd?

Chris ccsanady@iastate.edu
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 05:45:31 +0000

Nat Lanza wrote:

> Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> writes:
>
> > I'm still caught up in end-of-semester issues for another
> > week or two, but once I have some free time (ha-ha), where
> > should I go to start investigating AFS on freebsd?
>
> Unfortunately, I think most other people are in the same boat or at
> least similar boats.
>
> I know Tom Maher (tardis@ece.cmu.edu) is working on a port; he's made
> good progress with the userland utilities and is now working on
> kernel-level client bits.

Does anyone know what happened to John Kohl's NetBSD port?  I have been
thinking that this would have been a good place to start, if there
weren't too many legal issues.  I used it years ago, and it was quite
stable--I'm kind of surprised that it didn't make it into the official
OpenAFS release. :\

Chris