[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] what's the status on afs port-freebsd?

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v+@andrew.cmu.edu
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 13:53:37 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from internet.computing.openafs.port-freebsd: 7-Dec-100 Re:
[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] .. by Chris@iastate.edu
> Does anyone know what happened to John Kohl's NetBSD port?  I have been
> thinking that this would have been a good place to start, if there
> weren't too many legal issues.
Well, there would be both legal and practical issues here. That port was
based on AFS 3.3, and the kernel code has been extensively rearranged
since then. The only thing that is legally distributable is stuff
derived from IBM's openafs-1.0 distribution (or stuff not derived from
afs at all, of course).

I still don't know how the new *bsd ports are going to deal with the
"AFS doesn't use getnewvnode() except on DUX, and DUX is special"
problem.