[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Re: FreeBSD: working namei-based server

Tom Maher tardis@watson.org
15 Oct 2001 14:35:32 -0400

Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Ok, I've gone ahead and allocated a system call num ber in FreeBSD
> 5.0-CURRENT.  Assuming this looks good to everyone involved, I'll merge it
> onto the RELENG_4 branch in a few days:
>
> 377     UNIMPL  BSD     afs_syscall
>
> Let me know if that's OK.

The OpenAFS source code is still using the default "first dynamic
syscall" value of 210, since arla 0.35.6 still seems to be using that.
Until I get around to finishing the OpenAFS kernel module for FreeBSD, I
would like to continue to be able to use the OpenAFS userspace utilities
with the arla kernel module + cache manager.

If someone else whips out an OpenAFS module tomorrow, that'd be cool,
but otherwise, please don't anyone change src/config/param.i386_fbsd*

--
Tom Maher