[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] no rule to make target param.i386_fsbd_50.h

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, Jim Rees wrote:

> Can you try Garrett's patch on 4.8?  If it doesn't work, either try to fix
> it or send me the errors and I'll see if I can fix it.  I'd like to start
> commiting Garrett's stuff but don't want to break 4.x.
>
> Is anyone else willing to test on 4.x?

I don't know if I will get around to this.  I do have an install on a
-stable box.  The problem is that it is one of my "important" machines and
once I start OpenAFS in client mode, shutting it down causes the system to
hang.  It won't be this weekend.

My actions depend on what will get me what I want the soonest.  I want to
replace my Redhat AFS server.  Is the best choice FreeBSD 4X or 5X?

I also want to have AFS client access for all my FreeBSD boxen.  Is my
best choice for a client 4X or 5X?

Later,
Jason