[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Is this still an ongoing project?

Adriaan de Groot adridg@cs.kun.nl
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:59:50 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Carmi Weinzweig wrote:
> I am interested in using a FreeBSD system as both an client and server.
> I understand that I can use Arla for client support, but I still need
> an AFS server implementation. Will OpenAFS run on FreeBSD 5.2.1? Is it
> stable enough to support a production environment?

Well, last time I checked it out there were param files for it right up to
5.2 .. um, at least that's what I remember of it. They're not in 1.2.11,
that only goes up to FreeBSD 4.6.

> What is not working?

Well, it's not working on FreeBSD 5.2 on amd64, I know that much, since
the threading library uses x86-specific assembly code.