[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Is this still an ongoing project?

Adriaan de Groot adridg@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:07:38 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Jim Rees wrote:
>   I must have missed something.  Is the client ready for use on -STABLE?
>
> I don't know.  I only really care about 5.2 myself.  I've had reports on 4.x
> of everything from "doesn't work" to "works until you touch a symlink."  So
> I don't think it's ready for use.  But I need to make sure my 5.2 changes
> don't make the 4.x client any worse.

FWIW, folks here are starting up an AFS cell - all Linux, all Fedora,
where stuff actually works - and once it's up, I, as the BSD guy 'round
here, will be able to see what, if anything works. Since my BSD box is
just a scratch / playground thing, I can throw -STABLE or -CURRENT at it,
see what happens.