[Port-solaris] Re: Kernel panic after a few minutes

Sebastian Hanigk shanigk@fs.tum.de
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:10:20 +0200

Am 24.10.2011 um 22:24 schrieb Andrew Deason:

> That should be off by default; did you pass -settime to afsd? (I =
didn't
> see it mentioned in the OP)

It seems that has been the default option with the SMF scripts and since =
I hadn't changed this particular setting, it has been active.

> The warnings about this are only relevant when you share the cache
> partition with other stuff. For you, /usr/vice/cache is a dedicated
> partition, so it doesn't matter. I believe afsd yells at you in all
> appropriate cases, and so you didn't see a warning since your setup is
> fine.

OK.

> We probably don't need any more information; that stuff I was asking =
for
> was just trying to see how the -settime functionality was turned on,
> since I thought you hadn't configured it. The rest is probably easy.

Thank you for your help. If there is a lack of Solaris 10 integration of =
OpenAFS, I could try and provide a more sensible set of SMF scripts and =
possibly a pkg installation package for the binary distribution.

Best regards,

Sebastian=