[OpenAFS] Re: the future

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:25:54 -0400

--------------enig65B35B977596B1D53C0176B9

Steve:

I have written many paragraphs over the last couple of months. They are
drowned out by the noise.

There is no burnout.  Russ and I both resigned from the Elders for
different reasons.  You can read our resignation letters in the
openafs-announce 2012 archives

  http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-announce/2012/date.html

I recommend that you read

  http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2012-August/038511.html=

if you have not already.

On 9/30/2012 9:03 PM, Devine, Steven (sd) wrote:
> Please know that this post is offered in the hopes of helping, or at le=
ast giving a viewpoint of one that operates on the edge of the OpenAFS.
>=20
> I am generally unaware of the current dilemma that seems to be facing O=
penAFS.  I read this list in digest mode and recent changes in my respons=
ibilities have made that pretty sporadic. This doesn't mean that AFS is n=
ot important to MSU or to me.  =20
> So here is my question:
> Can some one give the list a couple of paragraphs about what the heck i=
s going on? I suspect there are a lot of us that would like to help but I=
 truly can't tell if there is a serious issue at hand or if this is just =
the result of the elders and gatekeepers facing burnout. Respectfully ple=
ase, we need direction if help is truly required from the members of this=
 list.