[AFS3-std] Re: [rfc-ise] AFS3 Standardization and Independent Submissions

David Boyes dboyes@sinenomine.net
Tue, 3 May 2011 13:04:38 -0500

> Nevil Browmlee has responded to our query about getting
> our AFS3 documents published. I have responded with the note below,
> but want input from the group:
>=20
>   Is the paragraph below OK?
>=20
>   Who could we get as independent reviewers of the documents?

<grumble> If they're OK with creating a WG to do this in Apps, then why are=
n't we doing that rather than inventing another special-case wheel? Seems l=
ike a waste of effort that could be more profitably used elsewhere. </grumb=
le>

I have no problem with the paragraph. I don't know that the phrase "future =
publication not guaranteed" is what we want to hear, though. Sounds like th=
ey're making a special case of document #1, but not agreeing to proceed wit=
h future docs.=20

Re: independent reviewers: could we suggest that a min of 2 people not invo=
lved in the creation of the document would be the independent reviewers?=20