[AFS3-std] Re: [rfc-ise] AFS3 Standardization and Independent Submissions

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Tue, 3 May 2011 23:14:32 +0100

On 3 May 2011, at 20:19, Andrew Deason wrote:
>=20
>>  Who could we get as independent reviewers of the documents?
>=20
> I think I am missing something here. Does the phrase "independent
> reviewer" mean something specific and special in the IETF independent
> submissions process? I thought having independent reviewers looking =
over
> the doc is what we've _been_ doing for the past few months.

My understanding is that from the perspective of the ISE, "independent =
reviewer" entails someone who is independent of the authors of the =
document. So, in effect it is what we have already been doing within =
this group. It's there as a bar to individual authors just submitting =
their work to the independent submissions queue.

In the context of afs-3, what I would have thought would be sufficient =
is to have a pool of reviewers drawn from the members of this group, and =
for the reviewers of a particular document to be separate from those who =
wrote it. Obviously the more distance we can achieve in this the better, =
but I think it is most important that these reviewers are able to =
perform their reviews in a timely fashion.

I'd be happy to act as such a reviewer if that is deemed appropriate.

Cheers,

Simon.