[AFS3-std] review comments for draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2-03

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:39:45 -0400

On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 13:56 -0400, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> It also struck me in parts of Section 8 that we sometimes request things
> of the registry and at other times suggest actions for them.  I don't know
> how important the distinction is; we could probably just request things
> always.

To me, that section reads as a request that two new registries be
created, with a suggestion as to how to divide up the namespace.  I'm
not really concerned about how it's worded.  Is the namespace actually
only 32 bits?  If so, then reserving 1/4 of them for private use seems a
bit large.  Unless we think there are likely to be a lot of site-defined
(not vendor-specific) flags.

I've not yet reviewed any other sections of this document.

-- Jeff