[Foundation-discuss] Rewarding sponsors with acknowledgement in source/logos on website?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 20:06:30 -0500

On 11/20/2015 11:38 AM, Dave Botsch wrote:
> How to "reward" sponsors is a question. Other than supporting OpenAFS,
> what do they get out of it?
>
> One possibility that's been brought to my attention has been the OpenSSL
> model. For the purposes of this discussion, I'm focusing purely on their
> rewards for donation levels. See the table at the end of:
>
> https://openssl.org/support/donations.html
>
> So, the reward sponsors with:
>
> • (Prominent) logo placement on their website
> • OpenSSL sponsor logo for their use
> • Ack on the website
> • Ack in source distributions
>
> How do people feel about these particular rewards?
>
> Thanks.

All of these sound fine to me.

Would there be any potential trademark problems with IBM for letting
other companies use the OpenAFS name and logo?

Jason