[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS-devel digest, Vol 1 #25 - 13 msgs

John Goebel jgoebel@valinux.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:06:14 -0800

++ 11/12/00 16:45 -0800 - <Russ Allbery>:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <dmj+afs@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
>
> > This is all part of the awful hacks that we use to get the kernel
> > headers - including, at one point, deliberately confusing the compiler
> > into getting <net/*> and <sys/*> from <linux/*>.  It all needs to be
> > revamped - preferably when we transition to autoconf.  What ever became
> > of that?
>
> It came up at LISA, and I volunteered to help.  I don't have time to do
> the whole thing, but I have extensive experience with autoconf and helped
> with parts of converting INN over to it and should be able to help as part
> of a larger team.
>
> --
> Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

Russ,

I've been working with OpenAFS for our kernel (VA 2.2.18blah). I would like to
help get OpenAFS under autoconf. I too am juggling a number of projects, so I
would like to contribute as a member of a group.

At the risk of being partisan, shall we open a sourceforge project to get
going?

Thanks,
John

John Goebel					VA Linux Systems