[reiserfs-list] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] more on the 2.2.18pre17 SMPcpu hog/etc.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Dec 2000 19:33:04 -0500

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:

> Not true.  Cache files are opened as needed; they are not kept open
> permanently.  Only the CacheItems file and maybe the VolumeItems file
> get that treatment.

Hrm, I must've missed that code.  Doesn't surprise me.  OTOH, we could
easily store other (needed) data about the cachefiles in
afs_InitCacheFile(), such as the file 'key'.  But I'd much rather
use a portable access mechanism.

This all came about because Linux doesn't really have an iopen() VFS
operation.

> -- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+@cmu.edu>

-derek