[OpenAFS-devel] Building openafs for old glibc 2.0.x?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:51:20 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Neulinger, Nathan R. wrote:

> Aside from the obvious "why are you running an old glibc" - would there be
> any reason not to include full support for building on old glibc w/ the
> correct sysname in the openafs src? Or do the gatekeepers intend to have afs
> stop supporting old platforms?

I think the division of power lets the elders, not the gatekeepers, decide
things as serious as that. My opinion is that to the extent feasible we
continue to support old systems, but of course in some cases the way this
happens is by people contributing. If you wonder if it works, try it, and
tell us if it works. I personally don't plan on building any Redhat 5.2
systems to do testing on; I don't have that much hardware at my disposal.

> I personally hope not - as transarc really inconvenienced us by dropping
> support for HP-UX 10.20 when they went to 3.5 and 3.6.

All patches you send will be integrated, assuming they're reasonable.

-D