[OpenAFS-devel] openafs cell and contrib area?

Daniel Jacobowitz dmj+afs@andrew.cmu.edu
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 22:45:22 -0500

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 10:41:47PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <dmj+afs@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
>
> > To reply to an old thread... if we use "found by DNS", and you have the
> > appropriate search path, "athena" should resolve to "athena.mit.edu"
> > anyway, right?
>
> Maybe.  I may want AFS shorthand for sites that I don't want in my DNS
> search path.  I think having a client-defined list of "known
> short-hand sites" would be nice, in addition to the DNS shorthand.

Yeah - sounds like a good thing to be able to configure in the client.
Ideally, something like devfsd's support for recording symlinks made to
a config file would be neat; that might be a bit overkill, though.

Dan