[OpenAFS-devel] AFS with DNS using AFSDB records

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:02:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Shyh-Wei Luan wrote:

> Jeff Riegel also has an implementation of the AFSDB support that he is
> currently testing.   Maybe we should compare the two independent
> designs/implementations.   Since this is going to be a very important
> enhancement to AFS and would affect all platforms, it would not hurt to be
> a little more careful and to leverage this accidental dual implementation.

From what of it was leaked into the 95/98 port (it appears to be
incomplete) this would appear to use a fixed list of cells but do a lookup
at initialization time, which is different from kolya's patch, which does
it on the fly while the client is running. Is that an accurate summary of
the situation?

-D