[OpenAFS-devel] support for enterprise kernel

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v+@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:12:07 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from internet.computing.openafs.devel: 20-Aug-101 Re:
[OpenAFS-devel] support.. by Sam Hartman@mekinok.com
> Your first patch seems overly Redhat specific to include in the main
> Openafs distribution.  Is there some way we can either do this purely
> in the RPM packaging, or make a more generic change to Openafs?
Doing it only in the RPM packaging doesn't help people who want to build
AFS, on redhat, for this kernel, but not using the rpm packaging.

Certainly, putting "EP" in the default MPS is bad, but saying "you must
use rpm if you have redhat" is no better.