[OpenAFS-devel] DU64 5.0A: Kernel Build: Multiply defined: xdr_uint64, xdr_int64

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:17:00 +0200

You can remove the reference to xdr_int64.c from
src/libafs/Makefile.common if you are compiling for DUX. These routines
are only be used in the MR-AFS context.

I still don't know how xdr_int64 is implemented in DUX, but I hope both
implementations are compatible. If not it won't hurt anyone except in an
MR-AFS cell where large files are supported.

I understand that this should better be in the architecture dependent
Makefiles rather than in Makefile.common.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Hartmut Reuter