[OpenAFS-devel] DU64 5.0A: Kernel Build: Multiply defined: xdr_uint64, xdr_int64

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:05:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Jerome Fournier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use OpenAFS client 1.1.1 on a Dec Alpha machine running DUNIX
> 5.0A. I've compiled OpenAFS without any problem, but I have some troubles
> to build a new kernel including the AFS module. This problem has already been
> reported in the past:
>
>     http://lists-openafs.central.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2001-April/000566.html
>     http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2001-June/001307.html
>
> As described by Dieter Meinert, xdr_int64 and xdr_uint64 functions are
> defined in afs.mod and rpc.mod, therefore the kernel cannot be linked
> properly.
>
> Do you have any recipe to solve this problem?

Is there anyone with access to a wide range of Digital Unix versions
willing to find out at what version xdr_int64 was introduced? Alternately,
can anyone suggest a good way of testing for its existance?

-D