[OpenAFS-devel] File copying

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v+@andrew.cmu.edu
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:46:38 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from internet.computing.openafs.devel: 5-Jan-101 Re:
[OpenAFS-devel] File co.. by Sam Hartman@mit.edu
> If you do this, consider the implications for RXKAD3, where servers
> will have individual keys.  Be prepared to address how servers
> determine the copy is authorized.
Since when will rxkadv3 require individual server keys? The problem of
the "are we using krb4 and fcrypt or krb5 and gss" is not related to the
"problem" of "are all the servers in the same security domain". The
openafs elders and gatekeepers (not to mention the user community)
should not be forced to accept your opinion on the latter just to get
the benefits of the former.