[OpenAFS-devel] Kernel 2.4.0 Oops when afs is shutting down

Chas Williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:58:22 -0500

>On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:52:10 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> is sitting in wait_for_packet, and then we close the socket while still
> in wait_for_packet, which oopses because we cleared its locked
> structure out from under it.  I couldn't figure out the appropriate

looking at this problem again, and just sort of guessing since i dont
know much about this section of the code, it looks like one of the
afsd winds up stuck rxk_ListenerProc().  the shutdown kill -9's this
listenerproc which doesnt allow it to complete since it seems to
want to set rxk_ListenerPid back to 0.  this would indicate that the
socket is not in use.   so if osi_StopListener() would not kill -9
the listener proc, and signal afs_termState to be AFSOP_STOP_RXK_LISTENER
osi_StopListener could spin on rxk_ListenerPid before closing the
socket?