[OpenAFS-devel] Windows Client

Dave Koziol dkoziol@dragonflymobile.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:30:11 -0500

So, I've been playing with the OpenAFS windows client, and I'm having some
difficulties, and I'm looking for other peoples thoughts.

I've built the 1/12/2001 source with VC6.0, and the Installer with IS 6.2.
This combinating only required a few minor edits which I have fairly high
confidence in.

I installed the client on Win2K, and I've got the service running, but when
I try to Obtain New Tokens, it tells me that the AFS service may not have
started.

Tracing into klog, I get into GetIoctlHandle() in src\sys\pioctl_nt.c.  The
call to CreateFile is failing.

So, where is the code that sets up the Windows UNC support for \\host-afs?

Has anyone else had any luck getting OpenAFS to work with either Win2K, or
VC6.0?

Is there any programmer documentation available on the Windows client?

Does anyone have any additional advise?  I'm going to try NT4.0 soon...

Dave Koziol                  | koziol@dragonflymobile.com
Software Engineering Manager |
Dragonfly Mobile             | http://www.dragonflymobile.com