[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.0.1 compile failure in Windows

Michael Nelson mikenel@iapetus.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:41:21 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, M. Hwang wrote:
> At first, I wish to compile this version for use in Windows NT 4
> but I failed compile at "src/comerr"
> it may be caused by bison.
>  I parsed the file(error_table.y and et_lex.lex.l)  in Linux and
> transfered to Windows. When I try to compile this, I got link error.
> (may be LNK 2201 ? I saw same message before when I try to compile
> without including proper .lib file)

You'll have to provide more info than 'LNK 2201'. Also, the source code
already has the .c files pre-built.

> so used Win32 version bison & flex.
> When I try to compile this, I got error in "src/cmd"
> compile_et (result of "src/comerr") seems to doesn't work properly.
>
> Does anybody has ideas?
>
> and there are some articles that Win2K needs some patches.

Most of the patches are generic for NT or Win2K -- a couple are specific
to Win2K. See the archives of this list.

-mike