[OpenAFS-devel] kernel 2.4.0 and openafs-1.0.2 ...

Chas Williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:33:38 -0500

In message <3A76DB85.B9B382D7@lrz-muenchen.de>,Herbert Huber writes:
>Can somebody tell me the list of openafs files which have to be reviewed for
>changes in memory management in kernel 2.4 with High Memory Support being

this is just a guess, the readpage/writepage functions 'map memory'
using afs_linux_page_address() which is basically just page_address()
the new way is to use kmap (or rather it seems to me that its more
correct to use kmap)  looking at kmap() in highmen.h i see:

static inline void *kmap(struct page *page)
{
        if (in_interrupt())
                BUG();
        if (page < highmem_start_page)
                return page_address(page);
        return kmap_high(page);
}

and kmap_high does quite a bit of stuff.  afs's afs_linux_page_address
just doesnt know about it.  i should be able to look at this before
the end of the week.