[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris-8/64-bit problem with mtime = Jan 1 1970

Ole Benner olb@kom.auc.dk
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:35:10 +0200

Both hosts is in same timezone. We are 1 hour east of GMT + 1 hour
daylight saving:

olb@zil:[olb]$ date
Mon Jul  9 15:30:04 MEST 2001
olb@zil:[olb]$ date -u
Mon Jul  9 13:30:06 GMT 2001

On host 'zil' I can produce the problem like this:

olb@zil:[olb]$ ls -l test
-rw-rw-r--   1 olb      olb            0 Jul  9 15:28 test
olb@zil:[olb]$ touch -t 197001010000 test
olb@zil:[olb]$ ls -l test
test: Value too large for defined data type

'zil' is a Sun Blade 1000 UltraSPARC-III running Solaris-8/64bit. I have
an identical configured Sun SPARCstation-5 running Solaris-8/32bit which
can see the file allright:

olb@tatra:[olb]$ ls -l test
-rw-rw-r--   1 olb      olb            0 Jan  1  1970 test

They are identicaly installed with junpstart and running the same
compiled version of OpenAFS except that the SS-5 uses the 32-bit version
og the afs kernel module.

/Ole