[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris-8/64-bit problem with mtime = Jan 1 1970

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
29 Jun 2001 09:48:11 -0400

Are both machines in the same Time Zone?  It looks like the machine
creating the file (remember, touch creates the file in the LOCAL
timezone, but stores the information in GMT).  This means that the
earliest time value you can store is 0000, 1 Jan 1970 GMT.  Assuming
you are NOT in GMT, then trying to store 197001010000 could cause a
problem, especially if you are east of GMT.

It's possible that you are storing a negative time value for that
first hour, and the negative value is being really confusing to the
64-bit machine.

-derek