[OpenAFS-devel] linux 2.4 stat failures

satish kumar ksatishv@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:43:50 -0000

Hi ,

I tried running these scripts basically to copy same file to differner
files. I am getting stat failure for the original file . Had a chance to
look in to the code. It fails in afs_dirLookupofset with ENOENT from
FindItem. I guess it's dcache corruption , maybe some race condition where
while the directory is updated for the new file created , the stat fails for
old file. Ha sanyone faced this problem.
Any linux gurus out there , can u please let me know what's to be done   new
while handling dcache ??? . Also unmount of afs fails and just hangs. Afs is
not stable at all....

file test2
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
do
        test1 &
done

file test1
echo "This is LINE NO 1" >  orig
echo "This is LINE NO 2" >> orig
echo "This is LINE NO 3" >> orig
echo "This is LINE NO 4" >> orig
echo "This is LINE NO 5" >> orig

for i in 0 1 2
do
        (
        cp orig dummy$i.$$;
        rc=$?
        if [ "$rc" -ne "0" ]; then
                echo PID = $$, ITERATION = $i, CMD = \'cp orig dummy$i.$$\',
RC
= $rc
                if [ ! -f dummy$i.$$ ]; then
                        echo COULD NOT COPY orig to dummy$1.$$
                fi
        elif [ ! -f dummy$i.$$ ]; then
                echo cp returned 0, but DID NOT COPY orig to dummy$1.$$
        fi
        ) &
done
sleep 1