[OpenAFS-devel] linux 2.4 stat failures

Chas Williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:41:11 -0500

>FindItem. I guess it's dcache corruption , maybe some race condition where
>while the directory is updated for the new file created , the stat fails for
>old file. Ha sanyone faced this problem.

i just checked against smp and non-smp 2.4 kernels and indeed there
does seem to be a problem.  i will need to look at this a little more
i guess to try and decide what needs fixed.  i have seen another problem
with the 2.4 port as well concerning corruption of symlinks.  this is
possibly related.

trying some other things...

. moving test1/test2 to local disk, still broken.
. moving orig to local disk but dummy still written to afs, works

so writes into afs seem ok, but possibly reads from afs a little confused.