[OpenAFS-devel] idea for cmd line argument support addition for servers+clients

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:38:19 -0600

MySQL has a nifty .my.conf file capability, where you can list stuff like:

----
[library]
	password
	host=fred
[mysql]
	verbose
----

those get turned into command line arguments:

	mysql --password --host=fred --verbose

I was thinking that it might be nice to have something similar for AFS,
stored in a central location, consistent across all architectures, that
would be read in addition to command line flags currently specified, such as
/usr/afs/local/afs.options:

---
[fileserver]
	udpBuf=2048000

[vlserver]
	p=14
	syslog

[bosserver]
	log
	syslogs
---

and you could have one in /usr/vice/etc as well to set some params for the
client code.

Something to think about...

-- Nathan